Michigan’s Office of Great Start (OGS) is charged with creating a system that ensures all children birth to age eight–especially those in highest need–have access to high–quality early learning and development programs and enter kindergarten prepared for success. ACS successfully completed among a field of consultants was awarded a contract to help develop an array of communication services to build and inform OGS’ federal Preschool Development Grant (PDG B-5) communication strategic plan.
- Conducted communication research to better understand family and provider perspectives about quality early care and education.
- Developed a long-term communication plan that will be implemented 2020-2023 for Michigan’s early learning system.
- Developed content such as talking points, and frequently asked questions, to support communication strategy.
- Created a communication dissemination plan regarding the work of Michigan supported by the federal Preschool Development Grant to create buy in from needed partners, decision makers, and stakeholders.
- Developed an implementation strategy, training and supporting materials to better communicate with and provide families with the resources they need. This will be piloted in late 2020/early 2021.